55 Plus Communities - Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to your questions about active senior living at Pine View Terrace
1. Where is Pine View Terrace located?
Pine View Terrace is a stand-out among 55 plus communities. We’re located in Pemberton Township, NJ. We are 10 minutes down the road from Fort Dix, nestled in the NJ Pinelands. Our central location offers residents many options for shopping and traveling while still maintaining a peaceful, quiet lifestyle in our wooded community. Our residents agree…it’s the best place to retire in New Jersey!
2. I’m retiring on a budget – is financing available?
Yes, financing is available. We require 10% down on a new home, and 20% down on a pre-owned home. Current homes for sale can be viewed online, including photos and floor plans – simply Click Here.
3. What kind of foundation do manufactured homes sit on?
At Pine View Terrace all of our manufactured homes sit on a 6-inch concrete slab.
4. Is there shopping nearby Pine View Terrace?
In our town center just a short drive down the road there is an Acme, CVS, Pet Value, Veterinary Clinic, Bank, Restaurants, and more. If driving the opposite way, 10 miles down the road in Whiting there is a Wawa, Stop & Shop, CVS, Bank, and more! With so many local options, active senior living is more affordable and convenient than ever.
5. What are 55 plus communities / active adult communities?
Whether called active adult communities, active senior living communities, 55 plus communities or retirement communities—they’re neighborhoods that cater to older people, like-minded individuals enjoying an easier lifestyle with predictable expenses. Retired and soon-to-be retired adults whose children have left home often prefer the smaller living spaces and included amenities of an active adult community like Pine View Terrace.
6. How much is the monthly land lease fee?
Following the purchase of your home, residents pay a monthly land lease of $525, making Pine View Terrace one of the most affordable places to retire in New Jersey. This fee includes your taxes, water, sewer, on-site mail delivery, basic cable TV, off-street parking, street sweeping, snow removal, garbage pick-up, heated salt water pool, dog park, secured compound area to store recreational vehicles, and two ponds stocked with fish for catch and release fishing.
7. What is required to live at Pine View Terrace?
To ensure everyone’s safety, all residents must pass a background check, criminal check, credit check and landlord tenant court check.
8. What are residents responsible for?
Residents in our beautiful 55 plus community are responsible for maintaining their lawn, along with their gas and electricity. We have residents in the community that maintain yards for a small fee for fellow residents.
9. Is renting or subletting allowed at this 55+ community?
No, all homes are purchase only. As the owner you cannot rent or sublet the home after purchasing the unit. This helps maintain a friendly and safe active adult community for all our residents.
10. Any of NJ’s 55 plus communities can claim “best place to retire,” but what do actual Pine View residents say?
Residents at Pine View Terrace love to call their active adult community home – and they’re not shy about expressing themselves! Just visit our Testimonials Page to read actual reviews of a 55 community that truly is a wonderful place to live.
11. What are Pine View Terrace’s pet restrictions?
We allow two pets per home and only small dogs. We do not allow larger dogs. If you do have a larger dog and they are older, we will make an exception. However, once the dog passes, we ask that they be replaced (and no pet can ever be replaced) with a smaller dog.
12. Do I have to be 55+ to live in your New Jersey active adult community?
Yes, we are an age restricted community. The occupant must be the age of 55 or older.
13. Can I own a 55+ property if my spouse is under the age of 55-years-old?
Yes, this is allowed if they pass all pre screenings mandated when moving into the community.
14. What type of amenities are provided for the residents?
In the summer months we have an outdoor heated salt water pool for our residents to enjoy. We also recently installed a dog park in the rear of the community near the two fish ponds.
15. Can children Live in NJ 55+ Communities?
We do not allow any school aged children in our 55+ community. However, if you have an adult child that lives with you, they are allowed to live in the household if they pass all required pre screenings prior to moving in.
16. I’m looking for a place to retire in NJ where there are other mature adults to socialize with. What is the average age of the residents?
The average age of our community has significantly lowered as the years go on. The current average age is 65.
17. Can I take a tour of Pine View Terrace’s 55+ village?
We welcome visitors! Contact us for an appointment and in-person tour. Can’t wait to see what Pine View has to offer? Watch our video tour today: